Amid ongoing concerns with the Covid-19 virus, we are closely monitoring reports from reputable health and government organizations. The World Health Organization recently declared this to be a global pandemic. The United States is also under a state of national emergency. As always, the health and safety of our members and staff is our primary concern, but especially during this crisis. We are taking the following steps to protect these groups.
Precautionary Covid-19 measures
- Increased cleaning of work spaces
- Making hand sanitizer and tissues available throughout our offices
- Avoiding physical contact with others
- Practicing social distancing
- Washing hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Providing gloves for employees who have cash handling duties
- Asking employees who feel ill to stay home
- Suspending all business-related travel for our employees
United Texas Credit Union is open for business
Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, our five locations will serve members only via our drive-through lanes, phone, and online. Due to an abundance of caution, our lobbies will be closed until further notice to allow us to protect the health of our members and staff. We appreciate your understanding.
Alternative account access options
We offer many ways to serve members who may be confined to their homes, or who choose to limit public contact for health reasons during this time.
- Online Banking – 24/7 access to your accounts at utxcu.com. Contact us if you need to enroll in this service.
- Mobile Banking – 24/7 access with mobile apps for your Apple and Android devices.
- Mobile Check Deposit – Via Mobile Banking, this service allows you to conveniently take a picture of your check with your smart device to make a deposit.
- Call Center – Call 210-561-4500 or 800-531-8456 Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm, and on Saturday from 8:30 am – 1 pm. Text and online chat are available with our Call Center team.
- E-Branch – Apply securely online by logging into your Online Banking account, or call 210-561-4500 or 800-531-8456 to begin the application process. You can finalize most loan documents remotely with our electronic signature service.
- Home Loan Center – For service, apply online, call 210-561-4500 or 800-531-8456, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with our home loan team today.
- Member Service – You may open membership applications and deposit accounts over the phone via our Call Center. You may also open an additional deposit account under your existing account by logging in to your Online Banking account and choosing “Open Additional Account” under the Accounts portion of the Main Menu.
- ATMs – With the exception of our Redland Branch, our branches have ATMs that accept deposits.
- Mobile Wallets – To avoid cash, take advantage of Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay with your United Texas debit and credit cards.
- Night Depository Box – All branches offer this 24/7 service to accept deposits.
Your funds are safe
Please rest assured that your funds remain safe and secure with United Texas Credit Union. Your deposit accounts are each insured up to $250,000 by our private insurer, American Share Insurance. There is no limit on the number of insured deposit accounts.
Additionally, if you prefer to have cash on hand, we urge you to please only withdraw what you will reasonably need. Withdrawing large sums of cash puts you at risk.
Reduce the threat of Covid-19 scams
It’s an unfortunate fact of life that criminals often use disasters to fraudulently gain access to your personal information. While we may verify your identity by phone, we will never call you to ask for your account number or passwords. Please contact us at 210-561-4500 or 800-531-8456 if you believe a scammer has contacted you.
We’re here for you
If you are experiencing a financial hardship or if there are additional ways we can serve you, let us know. We are your credit union, and we want to do everything possible to protect your financial security, as well as your personal health.
As this situation evolves, our management team will regularly evaluate our service delivery status. We will keep you updated here.
We are sincerely grateful that you have chosen United Texas Credit Union as your financial partner.
Please take care of yourself and your loved ones during this challenging time.