Mastercard® BusinessCard® Tips, Info & FAQs
The benefits you want with the flexibility you need.
With United Texas Credit Union’s Mastercard BusinessCard, you can get all your personal and business financial needs met in one place. Accepted worldwide, our card comes with special benefits designed for growing businesses and their employees. Best of all, there is no annual fee.
Starting a business. Do you have what it takes?
In the old days, you could find a job, stick with it until your 65th birthday, cash out that pension and call it good. In today’s economy, the kind of built-in security and stability people used to count on has achieved unicorn status. It’s nice work if you can get it, but the reality is that most people will probably work for themselves at some point. With all the exciting and creative ways you can do that, starting your own business might be the best choice for you. But there’s only one way to find out…
Here are some questions to ask yourself before hanging out your shingle:
What’s the plan?
If you don’t have a well thought-out business plan, you don’t have a business. It can seem like a tedious task, but take the time to think through the details. Do you have capital? A marketing strategy? How about a sales strategy? Once you’ve thought through the nuts and bolts, find a clever entrepreneur friend to look it over and provide you honest feedback. Oh…and don’t forget the exit strategy, just in case.
How will you manage?
Bosses are a drag, right? But for some of us, the only thing worse than having a boss is being a boss. Which kind of person are you? Before you quit your day job, find out if you’re a detail-oriented self-starter who can set your watch by your internal clock or if you’re the type of person who thrives with a little more direction.
What do you know?
It’s one thing to have passion. It’s quite another to have expertise. Make sure you possess the latter before you start selling your goods and services. There’s no shame in taking the time to turn that passion into mastery, either. Just take an honest assessment. Would you pay you to do the work you do? Then do it!
Where is the money?
Did you know that most small business owners don’t really start making money until year three? Experts say you should plan to make less than your previous job for at least the first year. With this in mind, make sure you have enough cash to cover inventory, staff, technology, insurance and all the other costs that might sneak up on you between your launch and your first windfall.
Do I have what it takes?
Startups are notoriously hard work. If you’ve got the money, the skills, the temperament and the plan necessary to start a business and keep it running, make sure you’ve got the stamina too. With a little elbow grease and a lot of optimism, you could make your own dreams come true. Good luck!
What do I do if my card is lost or stolen?
If you have misplaced your card, you may disable access to your card in real-time either using Real-Time Card Fraud Protection with Online Banking or our United Texas Mobile app. You may also take advantage of this feature in our MobiMoney app, available through your smart device’s app store. You may also call 800-442-4757 anytime, 24/7.
How can I increase my credit card limit?
Contact us online, in person or by phone and we’ll review your request.
What are some of the benefits of the card?
So glad you asked. Ready?
- Zero-liability protects your business against unauthorized purchases, whether they occur online, by phone or in stores
- Annual categorized spending summary
- Optional employee cards with customized spending and cash access limits
- $500,000 Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance
- MasterRental® Insurance — CDW insurance when you rent a car for 31 consecutive days or less
- Baggage Delay Insurance
- Purchase Assurance® — Replacement of items damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase up to $10,000 per incident and a total of $50,000 per cardholder per year
- Extended Warranty — Doubles the existing manufacturer’s warranty up to $10,000 per incident and a total of $50,000 per cardholder per year
- Master RoadAssist® Service at pre-negotiated rates
- MasterAssist Travel Services — Referrals and assistance while traveling
- MasterCard Global Service — Emergency card replacement for lost and stolen cards
- MasterCard VAT Reclaim Service — Identification of foreign travel expenses eligible for VAT refund and processing of claims
- MasterCoverage® employee misuse insurance
- Toll-free emergency travel assistance when calling from over 70 countries
What is the maximum credit limit?
If you qualify, you can be approved for a credit limit of up to $30,000.
Next StepGo To Next Step
Mastercard® BusinessCard® Why United Texas
- Special benefits
- Employee cards
- Zero liability
- No annual fee
- Up to $30,000 credit limit
Ricardo Guzman provided excellent service in helping me secure a loan for a trailer that I was purchasing through an out of town dealer. I appreciate the extra effort it took for him to process my loan. Also, I feel his advice on borrowing is sound and helps me make better decisions.James S., member since 1982
We don't have reviews for this, yet.
Share your story about Mastercard® BusinessCard® at United Texas?
Next StepGo To Next Step
Mastercard® BusinessCard® How it Works
How it Works
Simply complete an application to tell us more about your business.
Related Products & Services
Your card can be set up as an Overdraft Protection option for your checking account.
Next StepApply Now
You must be a United Texas member to apply for this credit card. If you are not a member, please complete a Business Account Application prior to completing the credit card application.