Direct Deposit Tips, Info & FAQs
Your employer or other income source depositing your paycheck electronically into your account.
Are you using direct deposit yet? If not, there’s virtually no reason not to make the switch. This is a very secure process and one that is being used by millions of people today. In fact, many people see direct deposit as one of their top money management tools. Your employer can usually help you set it up within a few minutes, and once in place, you never have to think about depositing another paper check again.
When you set up direct deposit with United Texas Credit Union, you receive your paycheck or federal benefits up to two days faster!
All you need to get started is our routing number of 314088860 and your checking account number. It’s that simple!
Direct deposit and early payment of funds depend on the timing of originator funding.
Key Benefits of Direct Deposit
Why Direct Deposit Your Next Paycheck?
There are several key benefits to using direct deposit over other types of deposit methods. First, consider how it works. It is a type of Automated Clearing House (ACH) transaction that is very safe and effective. The money is electronically directed from one account (usually your employer’s) into your checking or savings account. Take into consideration a few key benefits.
- For consumers, direct deposit is faster. You do not have to wait for your paper paycheck to arrive. Many employers set it up so that the funds arrive overnight into your account (once you are on a regular schedule). This means faster, more convenient access to your money. Usually, your money is already in your account when you wake up in the morning on payday!
- You can use direct deposit for nearly all types of deposits. This includes transactions from employers, and investors, as well as from government agencies such as the Social Security Administration. Even pension plans can pay directly into your account.
- It offers a higher level of security as it eliminates possible check fraud. There’s no risk of someone stealing your paper paycheck when the funds are electronically deposited into your account.
- Your payment can’t get lost. Simply, it goes where it needs to go, and it cannot transfer to the wrong account. That gives you peace of mind.
- There’s no need to wait in long lines on payday any longer. Imagine skipping the line every paycheck! And, that deposit happens no matter where you are or what you are doing. You can be on vacation and have your funds arrive in your account so you can use them right away.
From an employer’s standpoint (or a government agency), direct deposit is more cost-effective than using traditional payroll checks. It can reduce the overall cost of money movement significantly and prevent possible fraud.
How Do You Set Up Direct Deposit?
Today’s technology makes setting up your direct deposit simple. You will just need to provide your employer with basic information referencing your credit union account. Typically providing your employer with a voided check is all they will need to set you up. Don’t worry – no one can take money from your account, only deposit it!
What is United Texas Credit Union's routing number?
Our routing number is 314088860.
What is a routing number?
It is a unique nine-digit number assigned to a financial institution.
How do I find my routing number?
Your routing number is the first set of numbers printed on the bottom left-hand side of your checking account checks. If you do not have any checks for your United Texas checking account, you may also find the number here on our website.
Why do I need a routing number?
The routing number is required in order to send and receive funds from other financial institutions. They are commonly used for wire transfers, check processing, automatic bill payments, and direct deposit.
Next StepGo To Next Step
Direct Deposit Why United Texas
- Get paid up to two days early
- Faster, more convenient access to your money
- No more waiting in line on payday
- Your paycheck cannot get lost in the mail
- Eliminates possible check fraud
We don't have reviews for this, yet.
Share your story about Direct Deposit at United Texas?