Safe Deposit Boxes Tips, Info & FAQs
A secure container for important documents or treasured possessions.
Keeping your money safe is one thing, but why stop there? Whether you need a secure place for documents, valuables or any other significant items, United Texas offers various safe deposit boxes to fit your needs.
Do You Need a Safe Deposit Box?
Nowadays, with more and more information being backed up and stored on the cloud, you might wonder if you really need a safe deposit box. The answer is really dependent on the individual asking.
Yes, it is true digital files make storing records much easier today. However, there are many important documents you may prefer to still store in a safe deposit box, amongst many other items.
Here are 6 Reasons You Should Consider a Safe Deposit Box:
- Aside from storing important documents such as insurance policies and property deeds, many documents are still required in physical form. These may include birth certificates, marriage certificates, and passports. A safe deposit box helps protect these items and prevents them from becoming lost.
- Use your safe deposit box to store jewelry, rare coins, irreplaceable family photos, or family heirlooms to prevent loss or theft.
- Retain a copy of all your logins and passwords for financial accounts. This is especially important if you handle all the finances for your household. Should something happen to you, your spouse will have access to and know how to handle all your family’s financials.
- Many business owners prefer to keep a safe deposit box for important financial information regarding their companies should something ever happen to them. In small businesses, it is not uncommon for the spouse to know very little about how to operate, sell, or close down a business should the primary owner pass away.
- Even with so many files being digital today and having the ability to be backed up to the cloud and other storage devices, it is still good practice to make copies of important documents and store them on a flash drive in your safe deposit box. Should something ever happen to you, others will know where and how to locate these files.
- It is often advised not to store cash in a safe deposit box because these funds are not insured by the credit union in case of theft. However, keeping a small amount of emergency cash in your safe deposit box is not uncommon.
A safe deposit box is a great way to store important items for you and your family should they need them. In addition, it helps prevent theft and loss. Safe deposit boxes are usually quite inexpensive, often costing a few dollars a month.
We’re Here to Help!
If you have any questions about Safe Deposit Boxes or need assistance getting the most out of your accounts, give us a call at 1-800-531-8456.
Are the items in my safe deposit box insured?
Unfortunately, they are not insured.
Is there a limit to the number of times I can access my box?
No, you may access your box any time our branches are open.
Next StepGo To Next Step
Safe Deposit Boxes Why United Texas
Safe Deposit Box
- 4 sizes to choose from
- Approx. 21 inches deep
- $20.00 to $75.00 annually
- Available at our Headquarters, Medical Center or Polaris locations
- $5.00 discount for checking account holders
We don't have reviews for this, yet.
Share your story about Safe Deposit Boxes at United Texas?
Review Safe Deposit Boxes from United Texas
Next StepGo To Next Step
Safe Deposit Boxes How it Works
Keeping your possessions safe is simple.
- Contact us to request a safe deposit box
- Complete a short form with your information
- Choose the size you need
- You’ll receive a key to start placing items in your box
Need a Hand?
Please check our Fee Schedule for other fees related to Safe Deposit Boxes.